Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Period Stories

Do You Remember Your First Period?

First TOTM! Stories 

Your first TOTM!  Do you remember the day you first got your period?  How old were you?  Where were you?  Were you home? At school?  At sleep away camp?  At a sleepover?  Where you wearing a dress?  Did you have on white?  What was the first day of your TOTM! like?

Val Carey, Valerie Carey, Valarie Carey period expert

I remember the first day I got my TOTM!  I was 12 and half and it was in the month of January.  I was home with my mother and sister.  I had gone to the bathroom and as I began to wipe I noticed blood.  Looking back to that day now it was almost textbook.  I was thankful to be in my home AND in the bathroom at the time I got my first period.  But not all first periods happen that way.

Some girls experience their periods at the mall, some in the pool, some at the beach.  
Where were you when you got your first TOTM!  
Care to share?  Leave me a comment below.  

Until then...
"May every TOTM! be a So Happy one!"TM

5 comments:

  1. My first period was like sooo wonderful to me because I wanted to be like my older sister. Elated,the first person I told about it was my male bff in the fifth grade. Silly me! lol Then this dork goes and tells the entire school who then teased me because elementary school kids obviously think it's horrible to start your cycle. Now I look back and laugh. Ahh, life was so simple then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasmine! Thank you for sharing! So glad you're now able to look back and laugh about it. and no! it is not horrible to start your cycle.
      May every TOTM! be a So Happy one!

      Delete
  2. My first TOTM started at Elder-Beermans. You don't have them in NYC, but that's where it was. I had on bright blue pants and my favorite black and white tiger panties! LOL I was ten at the time. When I got home I chucked everything into the laundry and said nothing. I'd had the talk, but still didn't say anything. Oh, yeah. We were having our kitchen redone so we were at my grandmother's house...so i got Mommy and Granny coming up the stairs to have words on why I didn't just tell someone.

    It was embarrassing, but I got over it. Just mad I didn't know about peroxide back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Boogie! So you know I had to Google Elder-Beermans. :) Peroxide would have certainly come in handy. I say the first period is experience we ALL remember.
      May every TOTM! be a So Happy one!

      Delete
  3. I got mine in jan too. I was with my sis and mom too!

    ReplyDelete

Join In On My TOTM! Time Of The Month! Conversation.